our larger church family
The Evangelical Covenant Church is a rapidly growing multiethnic denomination in the United States and Canada with ministries on five continents of the world. Founded in 1885 by Swedish immigrants, the ECC values the Bible as the word of God, the gift of God’s grace and ever-deepening spiritual life that comes through a faith with Jesus Christ, the importance of extending God’s love and compassion to a hurting world, and the strength that comes from unity within diversity.
The Evangelical Covenant Church likes to describe itself as...
- Evangelical, but not exclusive
- Biblical, but not doctrinaire
- Traditional, but not rigid
- Congregational, but not independent
partners in a regional mission
The East Coast Conference is a movement of God, organized in 1889 by an immigrant people with a spiritual heritage as Mission Friends. Now a multi-cultural communion of Evangelical Covenant congregations stretched out across twelve east coast states and the District of Columbia, we are gathered by God, united in Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit to obey the Great Commandment and the Great Commission.
Believing we are a movement of God, the mission of the Conference is to:
- Multiply congregations, by planting new missional churches
- Orchestrate ministries, by connecting district churches for shared ministry & mission
- Vitalize congregations, by coaching pastors and church leaders to embrace renewal
- Empower leaders, by building a culture of trustworthy Christian leadership